Our hotel

Land-gut-Hotel Forsthof

We are an inn managed in the fourth generation. Our main focus is on families and conference hotels. An award in the competition “Bavarian cuisine” we call our own. We were also awarded the quality seal “Child and family friendly hotel and restaurant business” Our house is nestled in the historic village of Kastl into the beautiful landscape of the Lauterachtal.

A guesthouse with tradition

History

The FORSTHOF – first mentioned in 1563 – as the property of one Caspar Euvelstätter,a former administrator of the monastery.
In 1865 an Andreas RUDER from Rollhof acquired the property and later passed it on to his son Franz Ruder. A shooting hall, an ice cellar and a bowling alley extended the original Forsthof.

1865: The Forsthof became a tavern under the owner Franz Kreis and was named "ZUM FORSTHOF".

1912: this handed over the entire property to his son Franz Ruder, who was married to Katharina Schmalzbauer.

1942: inherited PAUL RUDER the house of his parents, and led it together with his wife Maria, née Mühlbauer from Trautmannshofen on . He built a hall in place of the former bowling alley in 1947, which was joined in 1954 by the new inn "ZUM FORSTHOF".

1981: he handed over the entire property to his daughter ANNELIESE, married to JOHANN REINDL. They expanded the inn in 1991/1992 and gave it its current appearance.

<In 2007, the Reindl family received the silver award from Minister Miller on the occasion of the Bavarian Cuisine Competition. The preservation and maintenance of the Bavarian inn tradition, combined with the use of regional products throughout the year, are the focus of this competition.

2010: Recently there were 3 stars for the Kastler Forsthof in the German Hotel Classification. The star award ceremony took place in the Ludwig Erhard ballroom of the Bavarian.

2013: The Forsthof receives for the second time 3 stars in the German hotel classification.

October 2015. The Forsthof celebrates 150 years of existence.

2016: At the moment our hotel has no BTG star classification. After successful reconstruction and renovation measures, we strive for a rating again.

01.01.2017: Umfirmierung von Hotel-Forsthof in Land-gut-Hotel Forsthof GbR. Inhaber: Anneliese Reindl und Birgit Lehmeier Preißl.

The Forsthof

  • 1865: it became a tavern under the owner Franz Kreis and was named “ZUM FORSTHOF”.
  • 1912: he handed over the entire property to his son Franz Ruder, who was married to Katharina Schmalzbauer.
  • 1942: PAUL RUDER inherited his parents’ house and ran it together with his wife Maria, born Mühlbauer fromTrautmannshofen. He built a hall in place of the former bowling alley in 1947, to which the new inn “ZUM FORSTHOF” was attached in 1954.
  • 1981: he handed over the entire estate to his daughter ANNELIESE, who is married to JOHANN REINDL. They expanded the inn in 1991/1992 and gave it its current appearance.
  • 2007: The Reindl family received the silver award from the Minister of State Miller on the occasion of the Bavarian Cuisine Competition. The preservation and cultivation of the Bavarian inn tradition, combined with the use of regional products throughout the year, are the focal points of this competition.

Over 150 years of "Forsthof

  • 2010: Recently there were 3 stars for the Kastler Forsthof in the German Hotel Classification. The star ceremony took place in the Ludwig Erhard Festsaal of the Bayer.
  • 2013: The Forsthof receives for the second time 3 stars in the German hotel classification.
  • October 2015. The Forsthof celebrates its 150th anniversary.
  • 2016: At the moment our hotel does not have BTG star classification. After successful reconstruction and renovation measures, we are aiming for a rating again.
  • 01.01.2017: Change of name from Hotel-Forsthof to Land-gut-Hotel Forsthof GbR. Owners: Anneliese Reindl and Birgit Lehmeier Preißl.

Land-gut-Hotel Forsthof GbR
Amberger Str. 2
92280 Kastl

Telefon: +49 9625 92030
E-Mail: info@hotel-forsthof.de
Webseite: www.hotel-forsthof.de

Mo. – Fr: 11:00 – 14:00 Uhr und 17:00 – 22:00 Uhr
(warme Küche bis 20:30 Uhr)

Dienstag: Geschlossen (Ruhetag)

Sa.: 11:00 – 22:00 Uhr
(warme Küche von 11:00 – 14:00 Uhr und 17:00 – 20:30 Uhr. Zwischen 14:00 und 17:00 Uhr nur Kaffee & Kuchen)

Sonn- & Feiertage: 11:00 – 20:00 Uhr
(Durchgehend warme Küche bis 20:00 Uhr)